Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is This Thing On?

OK!  Let's try this again, shall we? 

I won't bore you with the 50-millionth review of Inception.  I loved it.  We can leave it at that.

 On Tuesday, we went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  Holy cow, what a fun movie; I don't think I stopped grinning the entire two hours.  Everything I could think to critique ended up somehow working for the film.  For instance, the acting was a bit wooden and the characters were one-dimensional, but since the filmmakers set it up as a live-action carton, the characterization and acting worked well.

I've also taken up cooking as a hobby.  In the past two weeks, I've been going to the local farmer's markets and picking up ingredients.  I've made my first risotto (thumbs-up), Thai curry (meh, I needed more paste), and a black bean and rice concoction that I made up while drunk (surprisingly good!).  So, in addition to talking about film (and hopefully being more eloquent than I've been in this post) I'll also be chronically my cooking adventures.

That is, if I can manage to post more than three times in the next year.

Eat, Watch, Write,

KMA

No comments:

Post a Comment